Tuesday 13 December 2011

Foreign Fields

It's not a straightforward thing to move to a foreign country. It might seem much like moving down the road at first, but then you begin to realise that everything you thought you knew is now turned on its head. In fact, the longer you stay in a foreign land, the more foreign it becomes. It's all rather fascinating but also a bit exhausting.

A little over ten years ago, my husband and I decided to make the leap; rather naively, as it turned out. Within 18 months of that decision, we had bought and renovated one little village cottage, set up a new business, sold the house, had a baby and bought another house which was huge and consisted of not much more than four good walls and a roof. Along the way, we made a lot of mistakes, had a lot of high times and many low ones, climbed a very steep learning curve and overall just about lived to tell the tale.

I hope with this blog to create a small window on our experiences and offer some insight into what living in our little corner of France really means.

Welcome to all my readers!

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour HI, It sounds to me as though you'll have enough material for a dozen blogs. I look forward to more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how things keep popping into my mind. It's addictive, all this blogging lark.

    ReplyDelete